were you injured in an automobile accident? getting into a car accident can be scary and overwhelming. you may not even be sure where to start when building a claim. dealing with insurance companies can be overwhelming. the process can be even more difficult if you are seriously injured and going from one doctor to another. a good los angeles auto accident attorney can be the key to getting the maximum compensation that you deserve. but making the right choice of which attorney to hire should not add to your stress.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The Los Angeles auto accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates can help! Our personal injury lawyers handle a variety of car accident claims. With multiple offices located in Los Angeles, El Segundo, Irvine, Anaheim, Riverside and San Diego, our auto accident lawyers represent injured victims across Southern California.
We keep the personal injury claims process simple so you can focus on your injuries. Let us do the legal work while you heal from your injuries. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles personal injury attorney, please call 949-873-0755.
Table of Contents
Do I Need A Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer?
When injured in a car accident, many people wonder whether or not they really need a car accident lawyer. If someone injures you and it was their fault, trying to get your medical bills paid can be a lot more difficult than you think. Whether you’re up against an insurance company or an at-fault motorist, the LA auto accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas are here to help. We work hard to hold at-fault motorists responsible for the accidents they have caused. We make it our goal to build a strong case for our car accident victims, which results in higher compensation for our clients.
Types of California Auto Accidents
Every car accident is different. The type of car accident you get into in Los Angeles is important when building your case with one of our professional LA lawyers. Here are the different types of car accidents in Los Angeles and how they can affect your case:
- Hit and Run Accidents: Unfortunately, hit and run accidents in Los Angeles are common. This leaves many victims paying for their own damage and injuries without getting compensated. Though most hit-and-run drivers in California are not caught, that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. You can still get compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, and more by hiring an experienced hit and run accident lawyer in Los Angeles County.
- Rear-End Accidents: These accidents are very common, and they can cause a lot of damage! Whether you’re dealing with whiplash or just car damage, rear-end accidents can impact a driver greatly financially. Sometimes, rear-end accidents can also involve multiple cars and drivers. We can help you prove who was at fault and establish a plan to get you the maximum compensation.
- Side-Impact Accidents: Whether you call it a T-bone accident or a side-impact accident, these can be devastating to those involved. These can be complex situations that are difficult to prove liability. You need the best auto accident lawyer in Los Angeles to help you build your case.
What To Do After Getting into a Car Accident in Los Angeles?
We understand that getting into an auto accident in Los Angeles can seriously impact your life. After the car accident, be sure that you get the other person’s insurance information and call for medical help. You should also contact the police to get a written accident report. This helps prevent a hearsay situation, which can make building a legal case more difficult.
Once you’ve received the medical attention that you need and your car has been towed or taken back to your home, a personal injury attorney can help you through the complicated claims process. The Los Angeles auto accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas will also work hard to make sure you get the full money damages that you deserve. We will quickly address your concerns and aggressively fight your case. Our goal is to provide you with the personal service that you deserve during this difficult process.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Los Angeles
Most Angelenos need a car to get around and take care of their daily activities. However, even though a car is a necessity, the roads can also be a dangerous place to spend most of our time. In fact, while cars are generally safer than they used to be, accidents are still on the rise. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that more than 6 million car accidents are reported each year in the United States.
Car accidents can result from many different situations. Below are some common causes of car accidents:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Driver fatigue
- Adjusting the radio or music
- Dealing with children or other passengers
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances
- Eating while driving
- Aggressive driving
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions
Common Car Accidents Injuries
Regardless of how a car accident happens, serious injuries may nevertheless result. Common car accident injuries include:
- Closed head injuries and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe burns
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Wrongful death
Los Angeles Auto Accident Laws
Trying to figure out the laws surrounding car accidents in California can be difficult. It’s one reason why hiring a top-rated Los Angeles lawyer is more important than ever. These complex laws could end up affecting you and lead to less compensation without the help of an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney. Here are some of the car accident laws to be aware of:
- In California, you have two years from the accident to file a claim. However, the sooner you file, the better.
- All California drivers are legally required to carry insurance that covers $15,000 in bodily injury coverage and $5,000 for property damage per accident.
- If you partially caused the accident, you may still not be at fault. California laws follow comparative negligence, which means you will receive compensation based on the percentage of the accident you caused.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Samer Habbas & Associates are ready to help. Our personal injury attorneys specialize in handling car accidents. We have the experience to help you recover your lost wages, medical expenses, and any other costs associated with your auto accident.
With multiple offices located in Los Angeles, El Segundo, Irvine, Anaheim, Riverside and San Diego, our auto accident lawyers represent injured victims across Southern California. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Los Angeles auto accident attorney, please call 949-873-0755.